Everyday you get out of bed with a sense of purpose to improve lives and make the world better, but you haven't found the right words. It's as if the music is there, but you struggle to find the right lyrics.
Finding Purpose is a simple and practical guide to help your clarify your purpose and find the right words to express it.
Who is it for
If you're an entrepreneur, founder, or team leader who wants to inspire the people you work with to do great and meaningful work, Finding Purpose is created for you.
Based on proven concepts
The contents are based on methods and concepts that I’ve used to help brands and teams clarify their purpose. In thirty days you’ll get clarity about your passions and strengths, get a better understanding of who you serve and their needs, and find the words to express the true purpose of your work.
What you'll accomplish
- Uncover your work’s purpose and understand the true meaning of your work
- Find the words and craft a purpose statement.
- Gain clarity about your passions and strengths
- Get a better understanding of who you serve and their needs
- Inspire your tribe by communicating what you stand for to your customers and people you work with.
A 30-Day journal
Finding Purpose Journal is a workbook in the form of a 30-day journal.
One question a day
Each day you are presented with a question exploring themes central to your work’s true purpose.
The journal comes with an companion guide, which explains the key concepts that serve as the basis for the questions curated for the journal.
Five Steps To A Clear Purpose
Though the journal may seem simple, the sections and questions are based on a five step methodology that my team and I use with countless brands and teams.
CONNECTING THE DOTS TO UNCOVER PURPOSE
Uncovering purpose is like connecting dots. The journal is designed to help you surface those dots, connect them, and help you see your purpose clearly.
- Find your strengths: Clarify the skills and resources you have, and think through how your product is unique and how it benefits who you serve.
- Discover your passions: Reflect on why you’re doing what you’re doing. We explore you passions from your past to the dreams you’d want to realize.
- Understand your customers: Think deeply who is it that you serve. What needs and wants do they have and why do they have them?
- Identify key themes: Review your answers and find the themes central to your purpose.
- Express your purpose: You now see the dots. It’s time to connect them. The journal gives you a base template to get you started, but you’re free to spin off it and create a version you like.
Getting Started (PDF)
This PDF gives a quick overview on how to use the Journal and the Companion guide. You can preview the introduction for free here.
- 26 page PDF for you to print out
- 30 journal entries
- 5 sections
- Each entry comes with a question to explore themes central to your purpose
Companion Guide (PDF)
The companion guide contains explanations of the key concepts, which serve as the basis for the questions in the journal.
It’s a short, simple, and fun 27-page ebook with eight chapters.